Types and Usage
Nikhil will like to say something regarding his Diary – When I take a look at my diary, I find it a part of my existence. May not be for everyone out there but for those who practice making notes everyday a diary plays a very important role in living. It’s like a health supplement we take for a good and organized life.
Why do people keep a diary and What is a diary? Diaries are a record of entries which describe what happened over the course of the day or another. In a diary, you can record things like your experience, likes or dislikes, events, adventure and many more.
The different types of diaries serve a different purpose, and it can be something that is written, pictures, voice or video recordings.
There are mainly 11 types of Diaries.
1. Travel Diary: Travel diary, or also known as Travelogue, are records written about the travel experiences.
2. Religious Diary: A diary for religion is one that holds a person’s thoughts, reflections after a religion class and feelings that concerns life.
3. Food / Diet Diary: Food or diet diary is a daily record of the types of food and drinks consumed to estimate calorie consumption.
4. Health Diary: A health diary lists a record of your overall health history. You may also note down your goals, feelings and results for any particular area of health.
5. Work Diary: Work diary records down your reflection about your professional life, writing about your experiences, goal and milestones.
6. Academic Diary: Academic diaries is a record of ideas, though and responsibilities for students to manage their time in school better.
7. Fitness Diary: A fitness diary, or aka Workout or Exercise Diary, keep a record of your record, goals and workout. It can also record down your daily nutrition.
8. Audio Diary: Records of spoken thoughts through voice recording. It is a convenient way to capture and articulate ideas.
9. Creative Writing Diary: Creative writing diary records poems, stories, songs and other artistic records that have come through the mind.
10. Secret Diary: Secret diaries are one that records down anything that you don’t wish to share with others. It is something that shares the most private thought of your life.
11. Electronic Diaries: Electronic Diaries are a way of keeping a copy of a diary on a computer. This allows the user to browse their appointments, and mark appointments on electronic “diary pages”. Since the computer holds the details of each appointment users can be reminded in advance of meetings and appointments. The use of computers also introduces flexibility into the format of diaries, presenting different views, such as by year, month or week. Unlike a paper diary, the computer automatically adds new pages when needed, extra room for each day, and retains copies of diaries for years gone past.
While this is useful, the most important advantage of an electronic diary over a paper one is in its ability to be shared.Tags: Change