Types and Usage
The four-wheeled vehicles can be categorized on the basis of size, appearance, style, and utility.
A car may fit more than one category when distinguished on the basis of style. It seems that classification based on the utility is the most diverse.
1. Economy Car: As the name suggests, these automobiles are cheap and designed for low-cost and low-maintenance operation. The lightweight, small vehicles are perfect to be someone’s first car. Some of the sub-categories of these automobiles are:
Microcar – Mostly popular in Europe during the post-war period, these bubble card has unorthodox body structure, two passenger seats, and engine less than 1.0 liter. Hatchback – Hatchbacks are an excellent choice for the areas where fuel price is high and parking space is limited. Available in three- and five-door options, their most notable feature is the large backside door that gives access to an additional cargo space.
These vehicles can be divided into:
2. Family Car: It refers to a group of vehicles that have enough utility and safety features to carry a whole family. The family cars can be divided into two groups:
Small and Large Family Cars – They refer to hatchbacks and small-size saloons and estate models. Their size ranges between 167 inches and 177 inches. With engine power ranging from 1.4 to 2.2 liters (which can sometimes extend to 2.5 liters), these cars have enough room for three to five adults in addition to their luggage.
3. Saloons/Sedans: ‘Saloon’ is the British variant of the term Sedan. The four-door automobiles can carry four or more people. The three-box structure features separate storage, passenger cabin, and engine compartment. These vehicles are comfortable for the passengers but not great for cargo transportation because of the narrow opening and limited space to the cargo trunk.
Sedans have further classifications, falling into full-size, mid-size, luxury, and executive types.
4. Luxury Vehicles: The term refers to vehicles that are equipped with luxury features beyond what is necessary. These cars are expensive because of having innovative design, high-level of comfort, technologically advanced, and more precise construction.
The luxury vehicles have several subtypes such as compact executive, executive, and grand saloons and these types have already been discussed.
5. Sports Cars: The types of cars refer to automobiles that provide high-class performance at high speeds. These are often two-seaters that have powerful drivetrain and sharp steering. Most sports cars are designed for public roads but there are many upgraded models that are used in the racing arena.Tags: Self Motivation