Welcome to our podcast! Today, we are thrilled to have Claudia Liu as our special guest. Claudia is a Taiwanese writer based in Madrid, Spain and her diverse background has shaped her unique perspective and artistic endeavours. With previous experience teaching law in Bangkok and working as a theatre actress, Claudia brings a wealth of life experiences to her creative pursuits.
In her spare time, Claudia indulges in her passion for drawing pigs, which showcases her artistic talents and playful nature. Alongside her love for art, she finds solace in the worlds created by literature and enjoys the therapeutic art of baking.
We are excited to delve into Claudia’s creative journey, explore her captivating storytelling, and learn more about the fascinating intersection of her Taiwanese heritage and the vibrant artistic scene in Madrid. Join us as we embark on a delightful conversation with Claudia Liu.
- Introduction and Background
- Could you tell us a bit more about yourself and your journey as a writer and artist?
- How did you get started in the world of art and comics?
- Artistic Inspiration
- What inspires your artwork and comics? Are there any particular themes or subjects that you enjoy exploring?
- Are there any artists or comic creators who have influenced your style or storytelling?
- Creative Process
- Can you walk us through your creative process when creating a new piece or comic? Do you have any specific rituals or routines that help you get into the creative zone?
- How do you approach the storytelling aspect in your comics? Do you plan everything meticulously or do you leave room for improvisation?
- Projects and Works
- Could you tell us about some of the projects or works you are currently working on or have recently completed?
- Are there any particular pieces or comics that hold special significance to you? If so, what are they and why?
- Challenges and Rewards
- What are some of the challenges you’ve faced as an artist and comic creator? How did you overcome them?
- On the flip side, what are the most rewarding aspects of being an artist and seeing your work come to life?
- Artistic Growth and Future Plans
- How do you see your art and comics evolving in the future? Are there any new techniques or styles you’re interested in exploring?
- Do you have any specific goals or dreams related to your art and comics?
- Collaboration and Community
- Have you collaborated with other artists or writers in your creative journey? If so, how has collaboration influenced your work?
- How do you engage with the artistic community, both locally in Madrid and online?
- Tips and Advice
- What advice would you give to aspiring artists and comic creators who are just starting out?
- Are there any specific resources, books, or websites that you recommend to those interested in learning more about art and comics?