Types and Usage
There are two categories of seeds: dicotyledonous and monocotyledonous.
Seeds are placed into these categories based on how many embryonic leaves they have. Embryonic leaves are the leaves inside the unsprouted seed.
Within these categories seeds can be albuminous or exalbuminous, depending on the method of food storage the seed uses.
Mango tree seed is Dicot because it contains 2 cotyledons or leaves inside seed.
Do you also know mango seed benefits? The mango seed can be taken in powdered, oil or butter form.
12 Amazing Benefits Of Mango Seeds For Skin, Hair And Health.
1. Dandruff: Mango seed can help you to get rid of dandruff. Take mango seed butter and apply it on your hair for luster and strength.
2. Healthy smile: Tooth powder can be prepared from mango seed.
3. Diarrhea: Take powdered mango seed thrice a day to cure diarrhea or dysentery.
4. Obesity: Mango seed extract can help obese people to lose their excess weight, lower cholesterol levels and improve blood circulation.
5. Cholesterol: This seed boosts blood circulation and thus reduces bad cholesterol levels. This indirectly helps to lower blood sugar and C-reactive protein levels.
6. Cardiovascular disease: Moderate consumption of mango seed is useful for minimizing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
7. Healthy hair: Mango seed oil is a good source of essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins.
8. Skin health: Mango seed oil is an excellent moisturizer. The butter obtained from mango seed is used in many lotions as well to nourish and moisture your skin. This mango butter is non-oily and non-greasy when applied on the face.
9. Moisturizer: Mango seed butter is a real boon for dry skin. It’s the best lotion for dry skin, especially for the delicate areas like eyes, cheeks, etc.
10. Dry lips: You can use mango seed butter as a 100% natural lip balm to hydrate and soften dry lips.
11. Diabetes: Mango seed gives amazing results in lowering blood sugar levels. They alter enzymes of the intestine and liver to reduce absorption of glucose. It also reduces body fat, weight and the waist’s circumference.
12. Acne: You can prepare an acne-fighting scrub with mango seed.